Marshall Islands Blog

Friday, August 11, 2006

YOKWE B...

I guess this is it. I'm only a few hours away from getting myself into a great ordeal of taking 7 flights and traveling for 48 hours. Considering the latest news, this should be quite an adventure. I'd like to think everything will be fine, and I'm actually looking forward to reading and thinking about what just happend during the past 2.5 months.

Ebeye Hospital staff gave us a very warm fairwell celebration. There was singing, dancing, thankful speaches, and of course gifts. It was great to hear what our presence meant for the hospital from the staff's perspective, and the whole ceremony of saying goodbye was rather sad - in a good way.
To my left is Joseph Dizon, hospital's new IT Director, who just arrived from the Phillippines last week. To my right is Clann Clament, his assistant, Marshallese dude who we worked with most of the time here. It is up to these guys now to keep the hospital's network alive and the satellite equipment in good shape. I guess good luck, and kommol tata.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home