Marshall Islands Blog

Friday, June 30, 2006

Random Stuff

This box is stored in the conference room, right next to the PEACESAT VTC equipment we're working with. It belongs in the Family Planning division of the hospital, but on Ebeye free space is an issue. A 23kg box of condoms doesn't exactly fit...

Last weekend I was invited to a double anniversary of some hospital staff members. It was a great experience, but as I didn't have my own camera, I pretty much don't have any pictures from the party. Regardless, this is Clann, the tech support guy, and this puppy someone found. And me.

Once every month (or even less often, I'm not sure), a huge barge comes to the Atoll to unload supplies. Even considering the density of population on Ebeye, the amount of cargo still looks pretty impressive.

Here's another picture of four hardworking men. Note the laptop screen. There's little time for fun at work, but some people manage to play a quick game while the server is down and various versions of Windows are being installed on every machine available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home